[Vm-dev] Won't compile if not run extract-commit-info.sh

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:46:21 UTC 2011

On 7 December 2011 20:38, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi (Igor?). Nowadays, if you don't execute (by hand) ./codegen-scripts/extract-commit-info.sh  then the VM will simply don't compile.
> So...can we somehow attach this to the makefiles or cmake so that it automatically executes it?

well, it should be present in sources, which you download as tarball
archive from jenkins server.
the problem is that to extract a commit info, you need to have own git
repository clone, otherwise it won't work, obviously.
that's why for sources , which downloaded from tarball, this file is
already present.
putting it into cmake config, will mean that you can build VM only by
having git repo clone, and impossible to build without it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.