[Vm-dev] [CogVM-blessed] -headless stopped working

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Fri Dec 30 21:06:54 UTC 2011

Hi Esteban:

I just downloaded a Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed from: https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/job/Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed/
It tells me, it is currently 19days old.

And it ignores the -headless parameter.

The old VM I used so far is from Jul 6th and does execute headless without problems.

I did not find the mail on the list that was naming the primitives to get more version infos out of the VMs, sorry.

The latest StackVM also got that problem, but it works with the version from July.

Is there actually something like -version on the command line to ask for the exact version infos?
I checked -help, which also offers a lot less info then it used to. It still mentions -headless, but misses the options below.

Best regards
Stefan

Missing help for commandline options:

 -breaksel selector    set breakpoint on send of selector
 -eden <size>[mk]      set eden memory to bytes
 -leakcheck num        check for leaks in the heap
 -stackpages num       use n stack pages
 -codesize <size>[mk]  set machine code memory to bytes
 -sendtrace[=num]      enable send tracing (optionally to a specific value)
 -tracestores          enable store tracing (assert check stores)
 -cogmaxlits <n>       set max number of literals for methods compiled to machine code
 -cogminjumps <n>      set min number of backward jumps for interpreted methods to be considered for compilation to machine code
 -pathenc <enc>        set encoding for pathnames (default: macintosh)

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab