[Vm-dev] Sounds baaad sounds

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:42:16 UTC 2011

On 3 February 2011 14:25, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>>> I didn't document the process (it was a mistake), so I can't give you the
>>> detailed steps. The idea is to load external pools, VMMaker, Cog,
>>> QVMProfiler and the external plugins (based on the mcm or the
>>> configuration
>>> + whatever you want). If MC complains about missing classes/dependencies
>>> then fix them. If you keep the transcript open, you can also get some
>>> clue
>>> about what else you have to fix. I don't have time nor need to do it
>>> again,
>>> but I can send you the image if you find it useful. Note that I didn't
>>> update it since July 2010 and it has some cruft inside.
>>>

>> And may i ask you where i can download Cog package?
>> In VMMaker image its repo points to:
>> MCHttpRepository
>>        location: 'http://dev.qwaq.com/ss/Homebase'
>>        user: 'anon'
>>        password: ''
>>
>> try open it..
>> Same for VMProfiling..
>>
>> MCHttpRepository
>>        location: 'http://dev.qwaq.com/ss/Oinq'
>>
>> so..
>> ?
>
> I saved new versions of them from Eliot's image.

Yes, and that's boiling down to same issue: process & who taking responsibility.
What is an 'official' location that everyone should use for builds?
Yours, mine, or somebody else's?
If there is no common source, then there is no common artifact, which
you can produce out of it.

This is exactly the problem with Sound package. I can't put in my
config a single source which everyone using. Instead i should use two
different forks of it
depending on image which is used for loading VMMaker. And that sucks.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.