[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.21.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 6 16:06:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 01:27:59PM +0000, squeak-dev-noreply at lists.squeakfoundation.org wrote:
> Esteban Lorenzano uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.21.mcz

> Name: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.21
> Author: EstebanLorenzano
> Time: 6 February 2011, 9:27:54 am
> UUID: ed713a01-6616-47d9-8db2-85c09b30f06e
> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.20
>
> generateCocoaVM now alse generates external plugins. UnixOSProcessPlugin is first client :)

Really great - thanks !

If you build UnixOSProcessPlugin for Cog, I have attached some patches
that you may need. I have sent these to Eliot but I don't think they
are applied in Subversion yet.

With these patches, #forkSqueak will work well enough to support most
of the OSProcess unit tests. The patches are intended to restart the
timer thread in the child VM process after a #forkSqueak. There is a
remaining issue with activating the X11 display in the forked VM, but
this is would not be a concern on Mac anyway.