[Vm-dev] Where are precompiled stack VMs or interpreter VMs?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:45:14 UTC 2011

Hi. I'm trying to find a suitable official VM for Cobalt as it
draws nearer to being officially a squeak 4.2 application. I've
found 3 VM-dependent bugs, and have yet to find a recent VM that
exhibits none of them:

- FFI support. The latest cog VM's (2339 and later) fail.
- Writing sockets incorrectly timeout after 5-30 minutes. Older
  cog VMs (2316 and earlier) fail; I'm not able to easily test
  the latest ones due to the first bug
- Keyboard Up events are incorrect when multiple keys are
  pressed at once. The latest vm's on squeakvm.org fail,
  however, they are nearing a year old, and the cog VMs (all
  newer) don't have this bug.

So, where can I get some newer stack or interpreter VMs than
what is on squeakvm.org? I have a feeling they would satisfy all
three criteria, but I can't find any.

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)