[Vm-dev] [Cog] Funny thing about time

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:37:58 UTC 2011

Yesterday on my comp two separate running images are hung
simultaneously, while i were doing something completely outside of
them.

And now during reading  the sqUnixHeartBeat.c:

	/* The native clock may go backwards, e.g. due to NTP adjustments, although
	 * why it can't avoid small backward steps itself, I don't know.  Simply
	 * ignore backward steps and wait until the clock catches up again.  Of
	 * course this will cause problems if the clock is manually adjusted.  To
	 * which the doctor says, "don't do that".
	 */

i start recalling that yesterday i adjusted clock back by 1 hour,
because after installing a windoze in dual boot it was set it wrongly.

But of course it could be anything else :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.