[Vm-dev] [Cog] Funny thing about time

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Jan 12 12:15:32 UTC 2011

Yes, Windows like to set the CMOS clock to local time, and Linux likes
to use UTC.

My brother recently ran into a similar problem with a FreeBSD machine
running as a guest inside a Windows host. He had to touch
/etc/wall_cmos_clock to fix it.

 From the adjkerntz man page:

If the file /etc/wall_cmos_clock exists, it means that CMOS clock keeps
local time (MS-DOS and MS-Windows compatible mode).  If that file does
not exist, it means that the CMOS clock keeps UTC time.

Maybe there's a similar Linux/Mac fix?

frank