[Vm-dev] Cannot build Cog from the "blessed" repo at Gitorious

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:04:46 UTC 2011

On 4 July 2011 04:55, Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to buid Cog from scratch.
>
> I use a clone of the repo at https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed (I
> cloned it on July 1st, after the last push was recorded, so my clone
> is identical to the original).
>
> I executed buildImage.sh in codegen-scripts, and then generate.sh in
> the same location. The SLANG parts were fetched and sources generated.
>
> I followed the instructions in
> /src/cogvm/dmg-blessed/unixbuild/HowToBuild, configured the VM like
> this (the first eonfig example in that file):
>
> ../../platforms/unix/config/configure --without-vm-display-fbdev \
>      --without-npsqueak \
>      CFLAGS="-g -O2 -msse2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG
> -DITIMER_HEARTBEAT=1 -DNO_VM_PROFILE=1 -DCOGMTVM=
>      LIBS=-lpthread
>
> Then ran make

There are two build processes: using make and cmake. You mixed them.
generate.sh is part of cmake building process, but blessed branch
could contain outdated versions of configuration files.
I will update blessed soon, since build server using my branch for building vms.

Please look at Mariano's blog, he documeted well, how build works.
http://code.google.com/p/cog/wiki/Guide

I never tried to use make process with blessed repository. Probably we
should remove it to avoid confusion.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.