[Vm-dev] Cannot build Cog from the "blessed" repo at Gitorious

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 09:47:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 July 2011 11:32, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wait...I hope my email was not agressive. What I wanted to mean is that
> Igor has been doing a LOT and excellent work with CMake, ConfiurationOfCog,
> tacking from SVN and putting in GIT, merging them, merging VMMaker,
> configuration Hudson, etc, etc, etc. So....with just one little last effort
> (pubishing in blessed apart from Igor clones) would be something extremelly
> valuable for all guys who just want to build a vm.
> >

> if you know how git works,

But it would be even better if someone can build the VM without needing to
know git in details.

> this is not really a problem.

More or less.

> Suppose that you started by cloning the blessed repo:
>
> git clone git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git blessed
> cd blessed
>
> now just add my branch as remote one:
>
> git remote add sig-cog git://gitorious.org/~abrabapupa/cogvm/sig-cog.git<http://gitorious.org/%7Eabrabapupa/cogvm/sig-cog.git>
>
> so you can easily do:
>
> git pull sig-cog master

But tehre are problems because this is not the procedure. Where is this
writen? imagine a guy trying to build the VM now. In fact, read the first
email of this thread. How does he know that he needed to pull your changes?
how does he know your repo is sig-cog ?  what if there are
problems/changes/conflicts while pulling ?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com