[Vm-dev] building Cog

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:25:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:57 AM, JJ Stevens <jjstvns at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the instructions here: marianopeck.wordpress.com -
> building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker<http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/> to
> attempt to build the Cog VM on Windows, with git and CMake.

Hello. Good to see there are more people trying :)

>  I am running into a walkback:
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: OrderedCollection>>fold:
>

> called from:
>
> Cogit class>>exportAPISelectors

This. This a known problem. If you follow my post STRICTLY you will notice I
mention to download a pharocore image in particular:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28472/PharoCore-1.3-13137.zip

I guess you are using an older version of Pharo, say 1.2, and you are
missing such method.  Still, if you want to use Pharo 1.2 in
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/how-to-debug-the-vm/   I explain
under the title "Prepared image for you"  how to work with a 1.2. Basically
I provide a small changeset that add 3 needed missing methods (one is
#fold:).

> First off, are these the correct latest instructions?

More or less. The instructions, that is, the general procedure is the same
as today. However, my goal of such post was to make it completly
reproducible even months after the post. So if you follow the instructions
strictly you should be able to build the vm without much truble. Now....the
same procedure should work with all latest code, that is, last version in
gitorious and last version of ConfigurationOfCog. If I were you, I would
first build the VM exactly as I say, and if you succeed then after try to
reproduce the same but with latest code.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com