[Vm-dev] building Cog

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:25:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mariano, i think we should mention somewhere, that an easiest way to
> get started is to download a prebuilt image
> from hudson and do not mess with all dependencies
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Git%20Tracker%20(blessed)/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/vmmaker-image.zip<https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Git%20Tracker%20%28blessed%29/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/vmmaker-image.zip>

Yes, I know. I should mention that. It's true. But we have to be careful.
The same way they can download a prebuild image, they can download a tarball
with both image and sources. And then they can download a already build VM
;)
So, seriously, yes, they can do that, but it would be good that people can
really build from scratch :)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com