[Vm-dev] New Cog builds available: included Freetype plugin on macs by default

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:27:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 July 2011 15:22, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> system. Do you know what I need to install to have it?
> >> >
> >> yes, please read the http://code.google.com/p/cog/wiki/FT2Plugin
> >> (looks like you asked another premature question ;)
> >>

> > Igor: if I understand correctly, there is something extra we should do
> now while building the VM (this stuff about FT2Plugin). Since Pharo does not
> use FT2Plugin by default since Pharo 1.0 what abut letting the default
> plugins as easier as possible for people trying to build VMs?  for those
> that want FT2Plugin then they can easily do it. Even Hudson can be
> configured to do:
> >
> > | config |
> > config := CogUnixConfig new.
> > config externalPlugins: (config externalPlugins copyWith:
> #MyHackyFirstPlugin).
> > config generateWithSources.
> >

> you don't want freetype plugin to be there by default in configs?

exactly :)
But it is just my thought.  Change it only if you agree ;)

> Okay, i will change that.
>
> But i think freetype is mustbe. As well as OSProcessPlugin.
> Maybe not in configs by default, but in hudson builds.

Exactly that was my point: why to add by default a plugin which is not used
since 2 years by default and adds problems or extra work?
So, -1 to put it in #defaultInternalPlugins or #defaultExternalPlugins and
+1 tu set Hudson to add it.
If OSProcessPlugin is easy to compile as the rest of the plugins, then I
don't care to add it to #defaultXXXPlugins.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com