[Vm-dev] Re: Cannot even generate sources.

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:37:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 July 2011 10:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Igor. Ok...so little more information:
> >
> > 1) I was wrong. The problem is when executing ((Smalltalk at:
> #ConfigurationOfCog) project version: #bleedingEdge) load.
> > I think it is something about initialization as you said. The problem is
> what I said about #PrimitiveTable.
> > It is completelty reproducible for me and I get the problem explained in
> the first mail.
> >
> strange, because if it won't work, hudson builds would fail.
> maybe its because hudson using concrete configuration, not #bleedingEdge ?

No. As far as I can see, Hudson is indeed using bleesingEdge:

https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/blobs/master/codegen-scripts/LoadVMMaker.st

Anyway, I don't think it is related.

> But still, i tried it and it worked well for me.
>
> > 2) If after the error of 1) I execute again ((Smalltalk at:
> #ConfigurationOfCog) project version: #bleedingEdge) load.
> > it works.
> >
> > 3) If we need the issue
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4509 why is not raining in
> Hudson world? ;)
> >
> sorry dont understand.
> The problem you met is apparently not because of transcript, since at
> the moment you reported the problem
> there was no changes in transcript.

Yes. But as I said, if I evaluate the load twice, then the load works. But
after the load, when generating sources (in latest pharo 1.3) I have the
problem that old transcript dnu #ensureRC
so....I don't understand why Hudson does not fail since such issue is not
yet integrated.