[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] image freezes when setting time "back"

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:40:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Philippe Marschall <kustos at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have had the following experience. I'm running Pharo 1.3 on a Linux
> box where the time is set on start up using ntp. The hardware clock is
> set to the local time (because I'm dual booting). When there is no
> network connection during booting the system the clock is two hours
> "ahead" until I get network connection and set the time using ntp. When
> a Pharo image is running during this the UI freezes and doesn't react
> anymore. Does anybody else observe this? Is this a known limitation?

Yes. It seems the known limitation of Cog VM that uses clock and something
related to heartbeat and etc...When you change time you confuse Cog
generating a freeze.
At least I remember that something like that could happens.
Try with a non-Cog VM.

Sorry if this message got sent twice. I had some trouble with the

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com