[Vm-dev] Re: adding external plugins to Squeak 4.2 on the Mac

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Jul 17 09:57:54 UTC 2011

Hi John (and Esteban :) --

     Cool, that was it! I'm embarrassed I'd forgotten about that. I
still have no idea what the release Mac VM binary has for VM_PROXY_MAJOR
and VM_PROXY_MINOR, though, I just removed the check entirely from my
plugin. :)

     So... clearly there should be some way for plugin authors to be
able to check those values on a VM that someone else built? A
command-line argument, perhaps? I didn't see one mentioned by running
the VM with -help, but I guess I'll check the sources now, to be sure...
at any rate it should be mentioned in the help message.

     Sorry if I'm duplicating any previous discussion.

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta