[Vm-dev] released Mac VM won't use relinquish primitive from a plugin, but locally-built one will

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Jul 18 09:07:58 UTC 2011

Hi--

     Weird, another behavior difference between the released Mac VM and
one I built myself from svn... The released one crashes if I use my own
relinquish-processor primitive from an external plugin, but the
locally-built one doesn't. Any idea why?

     So it looks like I'll have to give in and provide a custom VM for
Squeak 4.2 images to browse Spoon images (remote messaging performance
is still horrible using the release relinquish primitive). Hopefully
that VM can just become the release VM.

-C

--
Craig Latta