[Vm-dev] Minor change for understanding

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 14 20:02:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 03:38:42PM +0200, Jean Baptiste Arnaud wrote:

> Hi,
> I submit a really small change for make some code more easy to intercept class access in VM.
> I do crappy think with class pointer and i would like to indirect the access to the class.
>
> I just create a method change reference of 4 new one. I have the feeling that make the structure more understandable.
> with this change i was able to intercept all class access on my experimental VM by changing 3 method.
> I run tiny benchmark for see if the change add overhead on class access. I don't find any overhead.
>
> Regard
> Jean Baptiste Arnaud
> jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com

Jean Baptiste,

I added this to the Mantis bug tracker at <http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7649>
so your contribution will not be lost in the email. I cannot look at this right
now but hopefully others will take a look.

I am assuming that you are providing this under MIT license, right? (Just to be
safe for the record keeping)

Thanks!