[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] 11 June Building report (2)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:20:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<edgardec2005 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 6/11/11 5:35 PM, "Eliot Miranda" <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Edgar,
>
>     if you included Croquet.map then the C stack backtrace would be more
> informative.  Looks like its crashing in perform:, which may indicate heap
> corruption.
>
> HTH
> Eliot
>

> Sure I miss something, so please tell how to use Croquet.map, the file i
> have reads Aug 18 2010 as date modified so seems not used by the test

The .map file contains the addresses of all functions in the WIndows VM.
 The VM uses this file to annotate its C stack backtrace when it crashes.
 If you look in the cogwin.zip files I produce on my site you'll see there
is always a Croquet.map file with every Croquet.exe.  So do keep the two
together and deploy with the map file if you want good stack backtraces from
Cog VMs on Windows.