[Vm-dev] problem generating latest unix cog

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:26:48 UTC 2011

On 2 March 2011 01:07, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> yes... me again, with another "random problem" :)
> I'm with a friend, Nicolas, trying to compile the latest unix vm.
> We cloned git at gitorious.org:cogvm/blessed.git
> We prepared a new image, using ConfigurationOfCog, version 1.3
> We generate sources by executing:
> CMakeGenScripts generateCogSources.
> CMakeVMGenerator generate: CogUnixConfig.
> and we tried to compile the vm, using gcc 4.4.3
> and we are getting the following error:
> usr/include/pthread.h:227: note: expected ‘void * (*)(void *)’ but argument is of type ‘void (*)(void *)’
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Cog.dir/home/npasserini/Work/investigacion/mars/blessed/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixHeartbeat.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Cog.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Any idea?
> Igor?

This is strange.
I don't think that it will change anything, but can you try using my clone:

git clone --depth 1 git://gitorious.org/~abrabapupa/cogvm/sig-cog.git

and to generate stuff you can use just:

CogUnixConfig generateWithSources.

i suspect there is something with pthread library. You either using
some odd headers, or Cog code using private stuff,
which not supposed to be used. I don't know.

I will check if it works with blessed repo. During next week. Right
now i busy preparing for school :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.