[Vm-dev] Rename #isIntegerObject: and friends

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:00:59 UTC 2011

Hi guys. I notice that most of the times, the usage of #isIntegerObject: is
for checking whether the object is immediate or not, rather than if it is an
Integer.
In addition, when we will have 64 bits, I guess we will encode more objects
(small floats, dates, points, etc) than just integers...

So, what about renaming #isIntegerObjects: and friends to something like
#isImmediateObject:   ?  I know that changing #isIntegerObject: or things
like that is too heavy, but maybe we can start by deprecating it, or for the
new code, to use #isImmediateObject:   instead... so we start preparing
ourselves for the future, in little steps.

cheers

Mariano