[Vm-dev] Rant about generated files: should they stay in repository?

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Fri Mar 11 18:28:54 UTC 2011

Hi:

On 11 Mar 2011, at 18:58, John McIntosh wrote:

> The problem of having the generated files in or not in the repository
> clouds the real problem.

Right, actually I also don't care whether the generated source is in version control.
It would be nice I think, especially if git is used, to generate the source and tag it with the Monticello version, but thats not my main concern.

I just hope, that even after the Hudson-ification, there are a tar balls which I can take, change some compilation flags and then just make the VM from source for a specific release.
Thus, when a VM is released, there should also be tar ball.

I just ignored the actual problem being discussed here...
Never mind.

Best regards
Stefan

--