[Vm-dev] Re: About new Cog update

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:33:35 UTC 2011

2011/3/18 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>

>> One more thing, now on Macs:
>>

>> /Users/sig/projects/cog/sig-cog/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c:
>> In function ˙˙sqFileReadIntoAt˙˙:
>>
>> /Users/sig/projects/cog/sig-cog/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c:325:
>> error: too few arguments to function ˙˙interpreterProxy->disownVM˙˙
>> make[2]: ***
>> [FilePlugin/CMakeFiles/FilePlugin.dir/Users/sig/projects/cog/sig-cog/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c.o]
>> Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [FilePlugin/CMakeFiles/FilePlugin.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Strange that it won't appear on Windoze (or maybe i didn't got to it
>> because of previous error).

I had not moved across the up-to-date version from my Teleplace build.
 Correct version checked-in now.

> I guess this file is not used on Windows, only sqWin32FilePrims.c.

Looking at my cygwinbuild builds both are used strangely enough.  But you're
right its not necessary.  win32 defines NO_STD_FILE_SUPPORT which prevents
the body of sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c being compiled.  I'd eliminate it in
the win32 builds, except that the gmake strategy makes this problematic,
hence I think it best to just live with it..