[Vm-dev] what to do with old carbon based plugins?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 18:18:45 UTC 2011

El 26/03/2011, a las 3:10p.m., David T. Lewis escribió:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:39:06PM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I started to build some needed external plugins (they are being build with Cocoa CogMT)... but I found some plugins still using carbon lib (SerialPlugin, MIDIPlugin)... and also, there are some others (B3DAcceleratorPlugin) who I didn't include it because uses carbon very intensively.
>>
>> So, I wonder how to proceed with this plugins?
>> I would like to have a "carbon clean vm", so I prefer to gently ask to the plugin owners to rewrite their sources to not use carbon.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I think that these issues are in the platforms support code, so I fear
> that the plugin owner might be you at this point ;-)

ouch!, I was afraid someone would say that :)
yes... I can help, but sometimes (for example for the B3DAcceleratorPlugin) it needs some work/understanding... and it will take some time to achieve a full list of plugins running (in other cases, the work is easy... and of course, not all plugins needs carbon lib.
So, now... I wanted to have the plugins Matthew ask for (no other reason that he asked for them... :) and then move the others plugins as soon as I have time...