[Vm-dev] FreeBSD 4.4.7-2357 still hangs

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 02:50:08 UTC 2011

Just edited and re-maked the vm, now it just hangs, same as before. I
even bypassed the shell script and ran the vm directly as

/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2357/squeakvm

Seems to me that should result in something about not specifying an
image file. It just hangs until I ctrl-C.

Here is the patch I used in sqUnixX11.c, just after

#include "sqUnixMain.h"
#include "sqUnixGlobals.h"
#include "sqUnixCharConv.h"
#include "sqaio.h"

/* define missing error function for FreeBSD --gd */

#ifndef error
 /* error() function called from Interpreter */
 /* Default definition if not previously defined in config.h */
 #define error(str) defaultErrorProc(str)
#endif

--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu