[Vm-dev] CocoaVMs DO NOT automatically recognize proxy settings of MacOS

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:29:01 UTC 2011

Hi guys. The VMs for Carbon, both build with CMakeVMMaker or the ones from
Eliot, do automatically recognize the proxy settings in the network
preferences of MacOS. So, the images work out of the when going to internet.

However, CocoaVMs (tested building with CMakeVMMAker) don't do that, and in
fact, you have to explicitly set the proxy, by using HTTPSocket proxyUser:
userName password: password    or using the Pharo Settings.

Here at work I have a proxy...setting manually everytime I open an image is
not funny. Even more, if I then try to open it at home (where I don't have a
proxy), of course it doesn't work, so I need to reset the settings.

So....anyone has a clue where such differences can be?  what can be done?

thanks in advance

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com