[Vm-dev] debuggable win32 VM?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:39:56 UTC 2011

On 11 May 2011 15:32, Henrik Sperre Johansen
<henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:

> On 11.05.2011 14:59, Craig Latta wrote:
>>

>> Hi--
>>
>>      For the next Spoon release I want debuggable VMs and plugins on all
>> platforms. In 2007 for win32 I created a Microsoft Visual C "solution"
>> for use with the free MSVC Express Edition (2008 or later). The debugger
>> is decent.
>>
>>      I scanned the current CMake-based stuff, but didn't see anything
>> about MSVC (or win32 gdb for that matter). Is there a current route for
>> debugging the win32 VM using MSVC or gdb (or anything more pleasant than
>> printf)? Or should I update my MSVC stuff and contribute it somewhere?
>> In 2007 I only gave it to Andreas (the win32 VM maintainer) and a few
>> other folks who asked for it.
>>

>>      thanks!
>>
>> -C
>
> FWIW, I'd really like it too if (not sure if it's already the case) cmake -G
> "Visual Studio X YYYY" worked out of the box :)
> Probably a more durable approach to spend effort there if it's not the case,
> than make a new/update a project every once in a while.

So, wanna try it out?
For this you need to create a subclass of CogWindowsConfig and
override few methods which are responsible for compiler flags
and probably include directories for standard include files, like
windows.h and directx etc.
And you done. :)

--
Best regards,