[Vm-dev] Problems with Mac VM 5.7 and 5.8 on the command-line

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Mon May 16 14:35:46 UTC 2011

Hi Esteban:

I have some trouble here with the Mac VM on the command-line.

Using 5.7.4.1 like this:
/Applications/Squeak\ 5.7.4.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak Pharo-1.2.image
results in a file dialog popping up instead of the image. And even worse, when I chose cancel the VM freezes.

The behavior on 5.8b12 is identical, but the Cog VM does not freeze on cancel.

Using absolute paths (also ~/tmp/pharo/Pharo-1.2.image is ok) works.

Ok, so far, that was already my problem yesterday.

Really new today is my next issue, headless operation:

/Applications/Squeak\ 5.7.4.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak -headless  ~/tmp/pharo/Pharo-1.2.image

Without -headless it works just fine, with -headless, it pops up a file dialog again.

Is that know, or are there any work-arounds/newer VMs I should use?

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr