[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-StasenkoIgor.104.mcz

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue May 17 08:00:28 UTC 2011

On 5/17/2011 9:27, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 16 May 2011 17:16, Andreas Raab<andreas.raab at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> On 5/16/2011 12:34, squeak-dev-noreply at lists.squeakfoundation.org wrote:
>>> Igor Stasenko uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
>>> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-StasenkoIgor.104.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: CMakeVMMaker-StasenkoIgor.104
>>> Author: StasenkoIgor
>>> Time: 16 May 2011, 10:33:56 am
>>> UUID: 68959e6f-18b1-304c-a3de-2b84a1f2c93b
>>> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-IgorStasenko.103
>>>
>>> workaround the MultiByteCrapStream, which converting line endings twice on
>>> windows.
>>>
>> Do us all a favor and leave out these derogatory comments. They are *not*
>> helpful.
>>
> :)
> Well, i can't resist putting it like that, because i lost like 1 hour
> trying to understand why it was broken again.

I understand what you mean but the thing you need to learn is that
there's a big difference between a muttered curse and a public comment.
A check-in comment that is being reposted in archived mailing lists is
something that people read. Treating your fellow developers without
respect is a great way of ensuring difficult relationships in the
future. Nobody likes being called names, or derogatory comments about
their code, not you, not me, not anyone. There is no reason to call
MultiByteFileStream MultiByteCrapStream other than an intentional insult
to the original author(s). Insulting people in a public forum is a great
way to destroy relationships. Just ask your boss.

Cheers,
   - Andreas