About insulting developers (Was: Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-StasenkoIgor.104.mcz)

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Tue May 17 11:26:04 UTC 2011

Hi Igor,

I certainly understand where you are coming from.  Criticism is very important.  Constructive comments in the code make sense even if they are a bit critical of the original implementation or instructive about why your change is better.

Comments like MultiByteCrapStream is ignorant, and it really makes you look childish.  It reflects badly on you.  Andreas is right, it would also get you fired.  Please feel free to write: "this is badly broken, I wasted a hole day trying to fix it"  or some other warning to others that might step in the same mess you stepped in but please do it in a professional way that reflects well on you, the community, the original author and the people that will read your official comment.

Respectfully yours,

Ron Teitelbaum