[Vm-dev] Re: working directory under Mac OS X

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed May 25 23:10:18 UTC 2011

Well I think this is a discussion point for the squeak & pharo list.
The comment is quite clear:
"LETS NOT DO THIS, SEE what happens for people wanting to do
./Squeak.app foobar.image  zingger.st"

At 3.8.19b1     I did
sqMacMain.c                             drop cwd to VM directory at
startup time to help script writers use ../ or ./
Mmm spring 2008

Historically, John Maloney's original code did the chdir in o-s 7.5.x
 that was ported forward into os-x when it ran as pre-mach-o app and
at the time there was some confusing signals from Apple about should
apps change to the home directory etc... So it sat until I added in
sufficent unix cmd options/parms awarness for people to complain about
the behaviour.