[Vm-dev] Re: working directory under Mac OS X

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Thu May 26 07:16:41 UTC 2011

Hi Eliot,
Hi Esteban:

On 26 May 2011, at 09:02, Andreas Raab wrote:

> FWIW, I'm completely neutral on this just as long as we ensure that "FileDirectory default" points to the image directory. Whether the OS' cwd is the image, the vm, or some random directory is completely irrelevant from my POV.

I would be really happy if you could consistently remove the chdir.

From my point of view, it is very relevant.

However, "FileDirectory default" seems to be very underspecified. (The comment in the method does not tell me what it is supposed to mean.)
A "FileDirectory current", that reflects the current working directory of the shell the VM was started in, would certainly help all the people who use Smalltalk for automation on the command-line.

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr