[Vm-dev] DSAPlugin

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed Nov 23 06:06:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> (Note that the alternative would be to remove DSAPlugin from VMMaker
> and reference the copy in Cryptography, but the plugin does not seem
> to have changed in over a decade, so it's probably best to leave it
> where it is in VMMaker)

Why is it best to leave it in VMMaker? Do other parts of VMMaker have
hidden dependencies on DSAPlugin?

It's going to be inconvenient for the cryptography team to delete
their copy of the DSAPlugin and then maintain 3 plugins in their own
package, and 1 more in VMMaker. In fact, I'd like to see more plugins
being maintained and distributed independently of the VM. What's the
point of having a plugin architecture if plugins are tightly bound
into the VM anyway?

If there are issues with moving plugins out of VMMaker, let's figure
out what they are and fix them!

Colin