[Vm-dev] FT2Plugin stops working with latest version

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 4 12:17:34 UTC 2011

Hi Esteban,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 11:54:58AM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> hi,
> I'm coming back with this issue (yep... no time last couple of weeks, but this one is a lot better :)
> I still can not compile FT2Plugin with the last changes, adding:
>
> 	#bytesPerWord 			#generateBytesPerWord:on:indent:
> 	#baseHeaderSize			#generateBaseHeaderSize:on:indent:
>
> ..etc...
>
> you know, real problem is that #generateBytesPerWord:on:indent: generates a plain "BytesPerWord"... but BytesPerWord is not defined anywhere... so I assume there is something I'm missing, but I don't know why.
>
> In other things, I'm determined to produce a beta release this week. As far as I know, I just need to solve some minor issues:
>
> 1) this FT2Plugin issue

I am away and cannot look at this right now, but when I last built a
Cog VM to test this I was using the configure / make procedure (not the
CMake procedure) and it seemed to be working, but maybe I was confused
or maybe there is there is some difference related to the build procedure.
Sorry, I am only guessing, and I'll try to look at it again in a couple
of days.

> 2) externalize OSProcess (yes... I don?t like to have it as an internal plugin)

I think there was an issue on some of the Mac platforms that required
a compiler flag to force the compiler to make global variables visible
(for the environment vector, etc). Is that the problem here? I do not
have a Mac, but I'll try to help figure this out if I can.

Dave