[Vm-dev] FT2Plugin stops working with latest version

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:48:18 UTC 2011

On 4 October 2011 14:17, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 11:54:58AM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>> I'm coming back with this issue (yep... no time last couple of weeks, but this one is a lot better :)
>> I still can not compile FT2Plugin with the last changes, adding:
>>
>>       #bytesPerWord                   #generateBytesPerWord:on:indent:
>>       #baseHeaderSize                 #generateBaseHeaderSize:on:indent:
>>
>> ..etc...
>>
>> you know, real problem is that #generateBytesPerWord:on:indent: generates a plain "BytesPerWord"... but BytesPerWord is not defined anywhere... so I assume there is something I'm missing, but I don't know why.
>>
>> In other things, I'm determined to produce a beta release this week. As far as I know, I just need to solve some minor issues:
>>
>> 1) this FT2Plugin issue
>
> I am away and cannot look at this right now, but when I last built a
> Cog VM to test this I was using the configure / make procedure (not the
> CMake procedure) and it seemed to be working, but maybe I was confused
> or maybe there is there is some difference related to the build procedure.
> Sorry, I am only guessing, and I'll try to look at it again in a couple
> of days.
>
>> 2) externalize OSProcess (yes... I don?t like to have it as an internal plugin)
>
> I think there was an issue on some of the Mac platforms that required
> a compiler flag to force the compiler to make global variables visible
> (for the environment vector, etc). Is that the problem here? I do not
> have a Mac, but I'll try to help figure this out if I can.

If i remember correctly, a Cocoa VM using different entry point for
main() function.
or have some other differencies, so you cannot just pass argc, argv
around, but you have to prepare them.

If you remember, i proposed to make an API for exposing these
variables, so then not only OSProcess could access them
but any other plugin, without need of hackish linking flags, which
lead to confusion and too compiler/linker specific.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.