[Vm-dev] NativeBoost installation woes with Mac OS X

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Sep 30 09:42:29 UTC 2011

Hi. On an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.8, I followed the instructions
to install a NativeBoost VM found here:
http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/wiki/Installation. I downloaded the
latest Mac NBCog VM,  and ran into an error after evaluating NBInstaller
install.

I'm using the 4.3alpha-11636.image file. The 4.2 image gives a different
set of errors but also wont install:

The progress bar window says: Compiling NativeBoost-Core-IgorStasenko.36

The window title is "Syntax error" with a split text field. The top
field contains:
nbExternalStructure Fields parsing spec parseFields:byte

The bottom field has a red error message embedded in this line:

         stream peek == #Invalid literal character ->; ifTrue: [ stream
next ].
     ].

Help?