[Vm-dev] another GCC issue?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:24:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok i found why: i was using llvm compiler, not vanilla gcc.
>
> but we should make it work on llvm eventually,

I agree, and I put some effort into this, managing to get something that
starts up at -O1 (I think) but not at -O2 (or at -O0 but not at -O1).  I
*think* this might be a bug in llvm, because the Cogit is pretty aggressive
in its use of alloca.  I should try and make a report for the llvm
maintainers.  Either I'll find out I've made a mistake or they'll fix the
bug ;)  Biut finding the time is as always the issue :)

--
best,
Eliot