[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Using stdout in Windows --> 'File stdout is closed'

Martin Dias tinchodias at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:25:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Stefan Marr <smalltalk at stefan-marr.de>wrote:

> Hi:
>
> On 10 Apr 2012, at 02:58, Martin Sandiford wrote:
>
> > I get the same thing if I start Cog with no special command line, and
> > I think this seems kind of correct to me, as I'm not sure where the
> > output would go when there is no console attached.
> >
> >    C:\foo> CogVM.exe test.image
>
> This works on unix/OSX, the stdout should just be the command line.
> Strange that it seems to work for you when you do a redirect.

Yes! that was I expected.

Anyway Martin's answer helped me, and discovered that:

   C:\foo> CogVM.exe test.image | more

is ok for me.

What I also didn't expect is that when running "-headless", still a window
is opened. I read something about evaluating "UIManager default
nonInteractiveManager" but I couldn't achieve to do so yet.

Thanks!