[Vm-dev] Cannot checkout from svn anymore

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Apr 17 15:38:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 04:13:48PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> svn co http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog
> says:
> svn: Can't find a temporary directory: Internal error
>
> tried on multiple different machines, different OSes..
>
> it seems to be a problem on a server side.
> (Most probably space issues)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

The /tmp directory  is getting filled up with www junk. Ian runs a cron
job to keep it cleaned up, but this happened once before and he needed
to manually clean it up. I have some large files on the system (the
64-bit images etc) and I'll offload them when I get home about 8 hours
from now to free up some space.

I think that some web crawler has started browsing through our Subversion
web interface, and the resulting tmp files are killing the system. I'm
pretty sure that no human could generate this volume of temporary files
on the system.

I'll also cc Ian in case he does not see this on the list.