[Vm-dev] Class checks in the vm

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Apr 17 16:20:47 UTC 2012

Hi Eliot:

On 17 Apr 2012, at 18:13, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Smalltalk is a safe language; it is extremely important that the system not crash and instead provide walkbacks that afford diagnosis of errors.

Since when is that? Didn't you tell me that if I do something stupid with a primitive, I have to expect that it crashes?

And the last time I checked, the store bytecode didn't do any length checks either, so it is easily possible to forge a method that writes into random memory, no?

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr