[Vm-dev] Re: Standard Interpreter VM for OSX?

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Aug 21 09:46:04 UTC 2012

Hi Esteban:

On 21 Aug 2012, at 11:32, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.1.zip
>
> but 4.2.5 should be compatible with current images... AFAIK... otherwise I need to compile yet one more :)
That is what I get:

$ /Users/smarr/Projects/OmniThesis/Squeak\ 4.2.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak\ VM\ Opt -headless $PWD/pharo14.image ReBenchHarness  SMarkCompiler  1 40
This interpreter (vers. 0) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
Press CR to quit...

I would like to use a 'stock' version, to avoid introducing errors by messing with it myself. So, for me it would be of great help if there would be a classic VM that supports recent images.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr