[Vm-dev] Interesting article on PyPy (P{ython's tracing JIT) by Laurence Tratt

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 9 09:31:20 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 01:41 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> this is well written, relatively short, and extremely informative.
>
> http://tratt.net/laurie/tech_articles/articles/fast_enough_vms_in_fast_enough_time
>
> thanks to Bob  Westergaard for pointing it out to me.

Yes, a very interesting and good article. And one aspect that he doesn't
really talk about is the fact that one gets *many* VMs on various
runtimes - not just one.

I recall when the PyPy project started and they presented it at OOPSLA
many years ago. At the time I think most people didn't think they would
"come through", but they sure did - eventually :)

regards, Göran