[Vm-dev] Reproducible Cog crash from image startup

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:58:51 UTC 2012

Hi. I have faced a VM crash while using Nautilus browser. It took me a
while, but I finally could make a reproducible crash from image startup.
You can find the image here:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30280/Marea.104-Crash.1.image.zip

What the image is running at startup that causes the crash is:

| nautilus model ui|
Nautilus instVarNamed: 'groups' put: nil.
model := Nautilus open.
ui := model ui.
ui groupsButtonAction.

If you need more about the "domain", we can ask Ben, Nautilus developer.
>From what I can see in GDB, it crashes in #mapStackPages  because it does a
remap to an OOP that is 0 (zero)

while (theSP <= frameRcvrOffset) {
                    oop = longAt(theSP);