[Vm-dev] Request for review of VMMaker-dtl.262.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 6 01:53:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 09:17:44PM +0100, stephane ducasse wrote:

> > So if I sound overly conservative here, but we are dealing with a
> > part of the VM that was designed and implemented by Dan Ingalls,
> > and I am just an amateur VM hacker trying not to break it ;-)
>
> Sure but this is not the graal.

Well, I did not mean to get into a philosophical discussion, I was
really only asking for a code review of a small but potentially
risky change. Code reviews are a good practice, it's surprising how
many things are overlooked when only one set of eyes is at work.

In any case I stand by my admiration for Dan's work. I find it clear,
consise, free of unnecessary complications, and a pleasure to read.
And like all good writing, it holds up well over time.