[Vm-dev] Linux VM for ARM processor

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jan 7 14:29:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 02:27:21PM +0400, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is exists VM for arm processor?
> I have meego phone device and want to try pharo/squeak on it
>
> Best regards,
> Denis

Bert writes about using an ARM Linux VM here:

  <http://croquetweak.blogspot.com/>

Dave Hylands (who is occasionally active on squeak-dev, though
not recently I think) built ARM Linux VMs to use on small
Gumstix computers:

  <http://www.davehylands.com/linux/gumstix/squeak/>

I believe that Tim Rowledge (developer of the RiscOS VM and formerly
active in VMMaker development) built ARM Linux VMs in the past,
and there is a reference to it here:

  <http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/271>

I have no direct experience with this, but I do not recall anyone
ever mentioning problems with building such a VM.