[Vm-dev] COG crashing - more info

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jan 8 02:35:06 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> Found some more details. Seems to be saying it's out of memory. How is this different from getting a LowSpaceDebug log?
>

> LowSpaceDebug.log is written from the image ]

Like

Back in 05 Tim and I looked at this, you can steal space from the GC
reserved space btw, chewing it down from MB to kilobytes. But what Tim
and I realized was that the condition was usually fatal, so why
bother.
To fix what you have to do is suspend/debug all tasks not associated
with running the image, and let the developer figure out who is the
bad guy. Right now it suspects the running process which usually isn't
the evil one.
Or attempts to ask the developer to fix the issue, but you are
milliseconds from death...