[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: VMMaker-oscog-golubovsky.136.mcz

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:02:05 UTC 2012

Igor Stasenko wrote:

> What is this:

> getMethod: 'setVMTimerInterval' withSig: '(I)V' inClass: vmcls.

> first time i see that. ?

Yes, that's JNI stuff I have to use to get certain things from Android.

So I wrote few wrappers and helper functions around JNI calls and
helper functions to make it easier to resolve JNI calls in VMMaker.
They all are under platforms/android in the VM tree on Gitorious.

This particular one is in response to a discussion on the Pharo list
that CogDroid eats too much battery. It does, if the idle timer wakes
it up too frequently. This VM primitive changes the idle timer
frequency, so with large values in it VM may be (almost) completely
frozen in the absense of user input.

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky