[Vm-dev] "fixing" primitiveBeep for cocoa VMs

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:04:42 UTC 2012

Hi Esteban. I was just trying to see why primitiveBeep was not working for
Cocoa VMs and I found that ioBeep() was empty. I first tried to copy the
code from carbon VMs (using SysBeep) but it seems not to be present anymore
in Cocoa. Then I found the new way was using NSBeep(). So I modified
sqSqueakMainApplication+sound.m  to look like:

#import "sqSqueakMainApplication+sound.h"

@implementation sqSqueakMainApplication (sound)
- (void) ioBeep {

    NSBeep();
    return 0;

}
@end

And now it seems to be working.  I have never commit anything in platform
code so I have no idea whether this is correct or not.

Thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com