[Vm-dev] ConfigurationOfPharoVM

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:42:07 UTC 2012

On 20 January 2012 13:07, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ConfigurationOfPharoVM is intended to build pharo distributions of cog vm... packaged with pharo icons, etc.
>
> Since is a re-packaging and re-branding, it has sense (IMHO) to keep it separated. Squeak guys may want their own, for instance and also Cobalt, Cuis, etc... so I don't consider adequate to pollute ConfigurationOfCog with this branded builds.

yes, but you missed second question:
  why it uses PharoVMMaker?

is it branch of VMMaker?
My thoughts on it, that instead of making branch (with which you will
need to merge all the time), create an extra package with patches you
need for Pharo VM, and load it after "vanilla" VMMaker package.
Because if we will have so many branches it will be really hard to
keep them all up to date.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.