[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] cogwin/Croquet (Win7) + Moose + very large models = crash (out of Memory)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:10:33 UTC 2012

Well, the define in sqWin32Alloc.h reads

#ifndef MAX_VIRTUAL_MEMORY
#define MAX_VIRTUAL_MEMORY 512*1024*1024
#endif

(albeit guarded by #ifndef NO_VIRTUAL_MEMORY)

so I tried to redefine it in the makefile:

VM_DEF=-D'MAX_VIRTUAL_MEMORY=(2*1024*1024*1024)'

DEFS:=  $(COGDEFS) $(WINVER) $(VM_DEF) -DWIN32 -DWIN32_FILE_SUPPORT
-DNO_ISNAN \
        -DNO_SERVICE -DNO_STD_FILE_SUPPORT \
        $(NDEBUG) -DLSB_FIRST -D'VM_NAME="$(VM_NAME)"' -DX86 $(XDEFS)
$(CROQUET)

But the resulting VM still wouldn't allocate more than 512M, so it is more
complex than I hoped :)

Andreas, if it is a simple job, do you know what's required to experiment
with raising the limit on WIndows?

--
best,
Eliot