[Vm-dev] Xcode 4.3 Lion

Guido Chari charig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:20:47 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I'm new at Mac. I used to compile the vm on Unix environments. So please
forgive me if the topic i will asked is already answer and i skimmed it
cause i was not using that environment.

I'm having problems compiling the vm. I need a NBCog vm with debug
information. I have latest version of the git tree, the vmoscog and the
cmake.

Generating and compiling the Cocoa Cog i have lot of errors i manage to
solve. Mostly about setting the compilation environment.

But then i have problems with resources not found. My resources directory
is nscogbuild. It hasn't cog.icns, mainmenu.nib and squeak vm.r. I manage
to take them from other places but not the mainmenu.nib. So i manage to
compile, but when i try yo execute i have a message saying that
mainmenu.nib is not found.

I'm newie on mac so i don't know very well what this nib file is.

Is this a commom topic? How can i solve it?

Cheers,
Guido.